[MilSpec] BattleCorps

Форум для всех любителей "настола". Милости просим, как опытных меховодов, так и начинающих. Рады всем!!!

Модераторы: Siberian-troll, Torx

[MilSpec] BattleCorps

Сообщение Hobbit » 11 фев 2009, 21:52

- WHF-3C White Flame
- VKG-3W Viking
- BCN-5W Buccaneer
- TYM-1B Toyama
- BNS-9S Banshee
Последний раз редактировалось Hobbit 11 фев 2009, 21:57, всего редактировалось 2 раз(а).
Hobbit
Модератор

Благодарил (а): 83 раз.
Награды: 2
За заслуги перед порталом, 1ст (1) Великое червие - 2010 (1)

Сообщение Hobbit » 11 фев 2009, 21:53

WHITE FLAME
White Flame

Type/Model: White Flame WHF-3C
Mass: 70 tons
Chassis: Dennenbach-Mitchell Series 9 Endo Steel (quad)
Power Plant: 350 Magna Light Engine
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: Rawlings 60
Jump Capacity: 150 meters
Armor Type: StarSlab/3
Armament: 1 Ceres Arms Crusher Plasma Rifle
2 Diverse Optics Extended Range Medium Lasers
1 McArthur Anti-Missile System
Manufacturer: Mitchell Vehicles
Primary Factory: North America, Terra
Communications System: Dornman Echo II with C3i Computer
Targeting & Tracking System: Wayne SuperSight

I got this one from friend in the Lyran Alliance. It was smuggled off of one of their worlds, I'm not sure which one.

It came at us from behind a hillock. I guess it had been buried in the snow, it had been waiting that long. We never saw it on IR or MAD. It was just there, falling out of the sky, four legs and fire and the brightest light, like God's own magic wand. It hit us and jumped and hit us and hit us. And when it got tired of jumping, it charged.

It took out my whole lance. Whatever that new gun was, it was sun-hot and powerful. He only had to hit me once. The impact felt like a PPC strike but my heat jumped half the scale. Before I knew what was happening my cannon ammo had blown and I was out of the cockpit in my ejection seat. By the time I came down the bastard had finished off my lancemates and run off, like some hellhound on the hunt.

There was a holo attached, a still-frame image. It was one of those new White Flames, and it looks like the Word has finally taken it to its namesake image. The Tronel lasers have been stripped and replaced with a Crusher plasma rifle. It cost them a bit, making up the mass. The had to scratch off a little armor and lose one of the original chassis' heat sinks, but it's still a killer. They kept the supporting laser, the pair of Diverse Optics long-beamers. You can tell from the distinctive flashings around the discharge lenses in the torso.

I would expect, though I haven't seen the specs, that the Word would keep the improved communications module of the base chassis, and I think I picked the muzzle of the old McArthur anti-missile system out of the holo, but that part was a little grainy. It wouldn't make sense to me to strip this beast of its best defensive weapons, and the shorter range profile of the plasma rifle will drive more and more pilots in close, so the advantages of the computerized communications would be increased.

But I think that's their weakness, too. When they built this monster they didn't put anything in to protect its hindquarters. Where a normal 'Mech can twist around, all a quad can do is hobble. If we can get some troops in behind it, we've got a real chance of beating the beast before it can do too much damage or get away. It'll cost us, sure, but the Jihad is costing us already.

Some debts just have to be paid.
Hobbit
Модератор

Сообщение Hobbit » 11 фев 2009, 21:55

VIKING
Viking

Type/Model: Viking VKG-3W
Mass: 90 tons
Chassis: GC Type 1 Endo Steel
Power Plant: 270 GM Fusion
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: None
Armor Type: GC Slab Standard
Armament: 4 Krupp MML 9
2 Skobel "Little 20" Light AC/2s
1 Improved C3 CPU
2 Hovertec Streak SRM 2s
Manufacturer: Grumium Creations
Primary Factory: Grumium/FRR (GC)
Communications System: GC Wave 12B
Targeting & Tracking System: GC MultiTrac System Type 6

I've been saying for years that the true word of Blake seems to be "kleptomania". I just got a very scary report from Sherry on Hall that proves it beyond a doubt. It seems that the Word has turned several of their facilities on Hall into refit factories. Evidently these factories takes 'Mechs in varying stages of disrepair and rebuild and transform them. We really should have seen this one coming, since Kong Interstellar has been doing the same thing since 3050 or so.

But we didn't. And now the proof is marching to war against us.

Around 3060 ComStar unveiled their Viking support 'Mech. And there was much rejoicing, because it could carry an ungodly number of missiles onto the battlefield and then shoot them all at you. It was a great hit, unless you were the Viking's pilot and your buddies forgot to stop the little buggers from closing with you. Then you were scrap.

Which must be where the Word is getting theirs, because they're turning them around nobody's business.

Gone are the massive banks of long-range missiles. Relishing their scavenging of the dead corpse of an honorable mercenary band, they've refitted the assault-class support 'Mech with a bundle of multi-missile launchers. I counted seven separate ammo loading ports on this beast, so if you get stuck facing one, expect it to shoot just about every kind of missile imaginable at you. Supporting those missiles are a pair of "Little 20" autocannons and a pair of old-fashioned Hovertec Streak duos. I think the accessory of the day for our boys and girls facing this monster will be the anti-missile system, and the weapon of choice will end up being the ER PPC.

As with any 'Mech, however, there is hope. There's not a single energy weapon on this Viking, so if you can wear it down and string it out, it will be easy meat. It's still one of the slowest 'Mechs on the field, and it lacks jump jets. You can get away from it. While it lacks the delicious delicacy of an extra-light engine, it also lacks advanced armor. Run away from it, snipe at, keep it moving away from its lines of supply, and this Viking will fall into obscurity just like its ancestors.

I'm more afraid of these refit factories on Hall. I've seen data for five or ten 'Mech models that I suspect have gone through Hall alone, but who knows how many of these facilities there might be? Maybe Vicore's Phoenix BattleMechs were only the beginning, and the Word has taken to reconditioning everything, not just 'Mechs.

This needs to be looked into. I don't have access to those records, but they have to be there for the taking. Someone, somewhere, will steal them away. Otherwise the dark blanket of the Jihad may fall to cover us all.
Hobbit
Модератор

Сообщение Hobbit » 11 фев 2009, 21:56

BUCCANEER
Buccaneer

Type/Model: Buccaneer BCN-5W
Mass: 55 tons
Chassis: Standard
Power Plant: 275 VOX XL Fusion
Walking Speed: 54.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: Waterly Heavy Lifters
Jump Capacity: 210 meters
Armor Type: Kallon FWL Special Light Ferro-Fibrous
Armament: 1 Ceres Arms Crusher Plasma Rifle
3 Ceres Arms Model 8 Heavy Machine Guns
1 Improved C3 CPU
1 Hellespont Array Assembly
Manufacturer: Gibson Federated BattleMechs
Primary Factory: Gibson / FWL (GFBM)
Communications System: EasyTalk-2
Targeting & Tracking System: Instatrac Mark XIII

I’ve never been fond of ’Mechs with hatchets. The first time I saw a Buccaneer I sneered at it with the same derision I reserved for the Scarabus and the Hatchetman, and then I put it out of my mind. Sure, it was fast and the axe looked nice and sharp, but it was stuck on the ground and with all those lasers it would light up the field like a Christmas Tree. So when I saw one last month, I barely gave it a second look.

Until it jumped over the roadway I was on and blew a shack to flaming wreckage with some kind of gun that made a PPC look like a cigarette lighter. Then I was hooked, and I did a little digging.

Sherry filled me in with the details. They were in an off-world file, so she might get in some trouble for that, but we all take chances these days. Somehow the Word has gotten a hold of a the specs for those new plasma rifles that Ceres Metals is making for the Capellans. You remember, there were reports of them in the Capellan March right before George Hasek got taken out. The Word has taken these weapons and redone the Buccaneer into an even more deadly city fighter than it was before.

Replacing the lasers and the short-range missiles is a ’Mech-killing Crusher plasma rifle. I’ve seen the test data on this, people. It will beat on a ’Mech's armor like tide on the shores. I’m sure they’ll come up with some stupid “strength and power of Blake” slogan for it, but take it from me—it’s nasty. They’ve put a group of heavy machine guns in the chest to support, I guess to help it in the city. The plasma rifle to blast big holes and the machine guns to shoot whatever comes out. Test data shows these weapons are surprisingly accurate, though, which makes me suspect they’ve got one of those new array assemblies in it. I guess when you’re ROM and you don’t care about things like copyright, patents, or common decency, you can get whatever you want.

There is a bit of good news. To give their new Buccaneer that jump capacity, they had to slow it down on the ground. It should be a little easier to hit than the standard Buccaneer, and while the armor is nothing to sneer at, the ’Mech does have that large, inviting extra-light engine to shoot at. As long as our boys and girls shoot straight, there’s a chance.

Since I first found one I’ve been doing some further digging. There are dozens of these new-model machines, if not hundreds. I’ve seen the manifests. I’ve seen the maintenance logs. A big shipment just went out to—get this—the Magistracy. What is the Word doing in the backwaters of the Periphery? And if they can hide this many Buccaneers, what else are they hiding? Maybe this is worse than it looks. Maybe we should give Blocher the benefit of a doubt?
Последний раз редактировалось Hobbit 11 фев 2009, 21:57, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Hobbit
Модератор

Сообщение Hobbit » 11 фев 2009, 21:57

TOYAMA
Toyama

Type/Model: Toyama TYM-1B
Mass: 75 tons
Chassis: Endo Steel Endo Steel
Power Plant: 300 Vlar Light Fusion
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor Type: Durallex Heavy Standard
Armament: 2 Blankenburg Light PPCs
1 Blankenburg Heavy PPC
1 Doombud LRM 15
2 Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers
Manufacturer: Gibson Federated BattleMechs
Primary Factory: Gibson / FWL (GFBM)
Communications System: Basix 200 with C3i
Targeting & Tracking System: Garret a99

Few 'Mechs have come to be so closely associated with the Word of Blake—and with horror—as the Toyama. The namesake war machine of one of ComStar's most misguided administrators, the Toyama is a powerful heavy-class machine that can claim much of the credit for the Word's early successes and powerful defenses. It bodes well for us that in the midst of their holy war, they've expended the effort to remake one of their most prominent weapons.

Initial buzz for this 'Mech praised its endurance and suitability for extended operations, but the performance of the 'Mech fell sadly short. While it does carry a generous allotment of ammunition for its two main weapons, very few MechWarriors would call it an "extended" amount. Combined with the fragility of the bulky extra-light engine, the many Toyama's found themselves brought down over time as the small bites of harasser units simply caught up with them. Designers on Gibson heard of these incidents and reapplied themselves to the Toyama's design. Unfortunately for us, these designers seem to be good at their jobs.

A more compact light engine replaces the extralight of the original model. The designers also scaled back the gyro, freeing up needed space in the Toyama's chest cavity to install new weapons. Two of Blankenburg Technologies' new light PPCs replace the large lasers, while a massively powerful heavy PPC replaces the Imperator cannon. One of the Magna Mark II lasers was removed and the others replaced with extended-range weapons. The Basix 200 communication system is upgraded with the now-almost-standard C3i module, and enough weight was saved to increase the Toyama's armor protection by a full ton. That extra armor is needed, however, because the new model lacks its predecessor’s Guardian ECM Suite, and the Doombud missile system has been downgraded to a smaller launcher, but the ammunition bins are now encapsulated in protective CASE equipment.

I've been going over the data for weeks now, and I can't make the numbers match. Either they've opened three new lines on Gibson, or they've opened a new production line somewhere else, because I can see far too many of these new Toyamas running around. Losses in combat (which I get from salvage information) should exceed a certain percentage, but it doesn't. Not by half. They've come a long way from the token four Toyamas that dropped on Terra in 3058.
Hobbit
Модератор

Сообщение Hobbit » 11 фев 2009, 21:59

BANSHEE
Another Banshee rears its Death’s Head

Type/Model: BNC-9S Banshee
Mass: 95 tons
Chassis: Star League XT Standard
Power Plant: 285 Pitban Light Fusion
Walking Speed: 32 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54 km/h
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor Type: Starshield Standard with CASE
Armament: 1 Defiance 753 Heavy PPC
3 Defiance E3M Extended Range Medium Lasers
1 Defiance B3M Medium Laser
1 Defiance 250 Light PPC
1 Poland Main Model A Gauss Cannon
1 TharHes Maxi SRM-6 Rack
Manufacturer: Defiance Manufacturing Annex
Primary Factory: Kwangjong-ni
Communications System: Angst Clear Channel 3
Targeting & Tracking System: Angst Enhanced Clear View 4B

The Banshee’s fortune has waxed and waned multiple times in its history. After the monstrous success that the 7S model achieved over the 6S, Defiance was again looking to upgrade one of their flagship designs but didn’t want to shut the line down multiple times searching for the ideal design. Using a refurbished plant on a former Rim World’s Republic planet, Defiance constructed a handful of a pair of models for testing. The exploits of the ax-wielding 8S are well known, but not exactly as executives had planned. Soon after the line was revamped, the Word of Blake took Hesperus II and started using the output for themselves.
Defiance, desperate to keep cash flowing in continued to produce this model as fast as they could on Kwangjong-ni. However, they still had the line for the 9S as well and began producing that as well. Most of the 9S versions were shipped to Adam Steiner’s coalition and the Word of Blake got a harsh surprise from the Banshee on Donegal. As Blakist forces engaged the Lyrans, they learned the truth of this new massive assault ‘Mech. While its speed matches that of the old 3S, it uses a light version of the reliable Pitban 285. Mounting 18 tons of standard armor and CASE offsets this slow speed and the use of an XL gyro to free up more mass for weaponry.
At long range, this Banshee offers up a deadly pairing of a heavy PPC and a Gauss rifle with a light PPC added almost to insult the enemy. Units that close will soon find a trio of extended range mediums that can be added to that barrage, finally with a standard medium laser and a six tube SRM rack at close ranges. Fourteen double heatsinks let the unit cycle through most of its weapons without heat issue as long as the pilot uses some bracketing of weapons. While this would be a dangerous enough machine with all that firepower and armor, the Lyrans surprised the Robes with more accurate fire than expected.
While some was no doubt due to General Steiner’s training, the Banshee pilots were also assisted by a massive eight ton targeting computer tied into all the weapons except for the missile system. Upon closing with the enemy, the Banshee targeted the most damaged parts of the Blakist units. While many weapons missed, enough hit to exploit earlier fire and drop their enemies faster than expected. With the success on Donegal, Defiance will likely keep producing the 9S version in limited quantities.
Hobbit
Модератор

Вернуться в Бешеные кубики