Marauder IIC

Здесь вы можете прочитать свежую информацию из официальных источников Catalyst Game Labs, а также свежие слухи и т.д.

Модераторы: Siberian-troll, Hobbit

Marauder IIC

Сообщение DeJaVu » 06 дек 2007, 22:17

I've been writing about BattleMechs for nearly forty years now, and finally I can make a difference to someone other than that war-geek watching WarTech on the Historical Tri-Vid channel. My notes on 'Mech designs were always watered down but now with the new distribution, I don't need to couch my reports for the lowest common denominator.
Marauder IIC
Type/Model: Marauder IIC 5
Mass: 85 tons
Chassis: SA-850 Light
Power Plant: Consolidated Fusion 340
Walking Speed: 43 km/h
Maximum Speed: 65 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor Type: Forging MD4 Ferro-Fibrous
Armament: 2 Type DDS "Kingston" ER PPCs
2 Tau-II Anti-personnel Gauss Rifles
1 Type 0 HAG-20
Manufacturer: Olivetti Weaponry
Primary Factory: Sudeten
Communications System: Series D8 CC-25Xa
Targeting & Tracking System: "Hermes" CT-42 Mk. II

I'm beginning to hate these IIC 'Mechs. Why couldn't the Clans just keep to their OmniMechs instead of making deadly new versions of our classic BattleMechs? Take this Marauder IIC I just looked over. Some of the new-model Marauders here in the Free Worlds or in Davion space are pretty fearsome, but they just don't compare to this behemoth.

I saw the reports of the stigma Jade Falcon MechWarriors attached the Turkina OmniMechs built on Sudeten and counted us lucky. If they want to limit themselves to inferior 'Mechs simply because of where they are built then that's an advantage for the Inner Sphere, and everyone admits we need every advantage we can get to face the Clans in combat. If only we could convince them this new Marauder IIC has the same stigma, since it's built in an adjacent wing of the same facility that assembles the Turkina.

The familiar shape of the classic Marauder is unchanged. A pair of Clan ER PPCs are mounted in the forearms, with supporting antipersonnel Gauss rifles in place of the familiar medium-class laser weapons. The real killer is the big HAG-20 where the traditional GM Whirlwind cannon was carried. It's almost as if the Falcons were trying to recreate the aesthetic of the original Marauder so they could keep their warriors from rejecting the machine out of hand. I can't imagine why anyone would want to give up this fine machine, however. It doesn't carry any of the usual bugaboos, such as an extra-light engine or under-controlled heat efficiency. It's just plain scary.

Just like the first Marauders were.

The Detectives brought me back another ROM from Rasalhague space that had a Marauder IIC in it, but I haven't been able to collect any other data than what I can see with my own eyes. It appeared to mount only a pair of the largest HAG assemblies I have ever seen, and it jumped. That's all I can tell you for now, but I'll keep an eye out for other data coming from the Ghost Bear worlds.

Original Marauder IIC designs are still common throughout the Clan Occupation Zones, but I haven't seen any indication that the Clans are setting up any refit centers like the Blakists and the Steiners are doing. It's possible that they've chosen the same mobile-refit-center method that Duchess Augustine has taken, but I think I would have seen some data on that somewhere. With the Ghost Bear's rescue of the Republic, data is flowing more freely from old Rasalhague worlds than ever before.

And here I am, perfectly positioned to sift through it to my heart's content!
DeJaVu

Сообщение Siberian-troll » 07 дек 2007, 07:33

Не в тему, но тоже чуточка английского

I've done a computer-generated simulation on that, actually.
The Terra System, 3054
Clan Wolf: "Ha-ha! We, the chosen of Kerensky will take Terra, bring the Crusaders to heel, and fulfill our nebulous, Warden ideology!"
SDS: *BLAM*
Clan Wolf: *Dies*

Clan Jade Falcon: "Ha-ha! We, who were almost chosen by Kerensky will take Terra, conquer the Inner Sphere, and finally earn daddy's lo-"
Clan Jade Falcon: *Dies*

Clan Smoke Jaguar: "Ha-"
Clan Smoke Jaguar: *Annihilated*

Clan Snow Raven: *BLAM!*
SDS: *Dies*
Clan Snow Raven: "That's the key, guys; no lame speeches. Lets land now."
Com Guard: *IRONIC BLAM!*
Clan Snow Raven: *Dies*

Elsewhere:
Clan Cloud Cobra: "You aren't gonna try? 'Cause we're totally ready to go!"
Clan Ghost Bear: "We have cold worlds, Scandinavian women, and Leviathan warships. ****** that."
Siberian-troll
Администрация btbooks.ru

Благодарил (а): 414 раз.
Награды: 10
За заслуги перед порталом, 1ст (1) Отличный переводчик/писатель (1) Серебряный призер ФанФик-2011 (1) Великое червие - 2010 (1) Операция "Крыса" (1)
Покраска по форме IS - б (1) Мастер покраски (1) Конструктор мехостроения (1) За участие в БТконе (1) За участие в БТконе12 (1)

Вернуться в Новости вселенной Battletech