OSTSOL

Здесь вы можете прочитать свежую информацию из официальных источников Catalyst Game Labs, а также свежие слухи и т.д.

Модераторы: Siberian-troll, Hobbit

OSTSOL

Сообщение DeJaVu » 05 янв 2008, 18:24

Type/Model: OTL-8D Ostsol
Mass: 60 tons
Chassis: Kell/H
Power Plant: GM 300 Light
Walking Speed: 54 km/h
Maximum Speed: 85 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor Type: Valiant Plate Ferro-Fibrous
Armament: 2 Mydron Snakekiller LAC 5
2 Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers
1 Defiance Model 1002 Light PPC
Manufacturer: Robinson Standard BattleWorks (factory refit)
Primary Factory: Robinson
Communications System: Barrett 509p
Targeting & Tracking System: Federated Stalker with Targeting Module

The refit program on Robinson has, by all accounts, been a rousing success, but I caught this packet on a misrouted HPG last month and thought I’d share.

My Lord,

Progress continues on the new weapons package for the Robinson Ostsols. While we’ve enjoyed the fruits of the Sandovals’ labor for years, new technologies have emerged that we must take advantage of if we are to drive the jihadists from our lands. We have undertaken to commission a new version of the Ostsol, using the few chassis available to us.

A supply of light PPCs, perhaps the last shipment to make it off Hesperus before the jihadists took that world, fit in the cavity vacated by the Draconis March’s version’s small pulse lasers. If this variant is successful, we will have to locate an alternate supply of this weapon, as Hesperus is now most obviously closed to us. We have also secured enough light autocannons to replace the large lasers. Our design team ordered this modification to make sure we could use the existing ammunition stocks instead of the specialized rounds that more advanced cannons require. The pair of medium lasers is unchanged; they make fine supporting weapons.

The removal of the large lasers also removes the need for several heat sinks and obviates the advantage of using triple-strength myomers, so we have removed that cost from the chassis. In order to protect our investments, however, we have contracted with Valiant Systems to use their new Plate heavy ferro-fibrous armor. In addition, the vulnerable extra-light engine is replaced with a more damage-resistant light model just becoming available.

In all, my brother, this new Ostsol should provide a boon to our forces, and if the Sandovals take note and acquire these specifications for themselves, it can only help our nation more fully. I am concerned, however, about letting thi—

Don’t you hate it when transmissions cut out right at the good part? I have no idea who this is or who they were speaking to, but I have confirmed the information. RSB modified at least a dozen Ostsols in this fashion, and from feelers I’ve seen looking around for a new source of light PPCs, it would appear that someone, even if its not a Sandoval, has taken an interest in this refit.

And they’re using them against the Blakists, so who am I to complain?
DeJaVu

Вернуться в Новости вселенной Battletech