Чат от 23 июня 2012

Здесь вы можете прочитать свежую информацию из официальных источников Catalyst Game Labs, а также свежие слухи и т.д.

Модераторы: Siberian-troll, Hobbit

Чат от 23 июня 2012

Сообщение DeJaVu » 25 июн 2012, 22:32

Первый чат

Introduction, Fun stuff

[18:04] <@Habeas2> Hello, and again, welcome to this Catalyst Game Labs BattleTech Line Developer-aided public relations activity...
[18:04] <@Habeas2> As ever, I am your host, Catalyst Game Labs' BattleTech Line Developer
[18:06] <@Habeas2> Standard rules, as lways, are in effect for this chat: Be courteous, give others a chance to speak, no spitting, no fornicating, no chocolate cake....
[18:06] <@Habeas2> Anyone who violates proper decorum will be ejected into space....
[18:06] <@Habeas2> I am not logging this chat, so it's on you to do so if you wish to preserve these words for posterity....
[18:06] <DarkISI> Is pizza allowed? Otherwise I would have to leave...
[18:06] <@Habeas2> This chat is scheduled to run a minimum of 1 hour.
[18:07] <@Habeas2> Thank you
[18:07] <@Habeas2> - Herbert Beas
[18:07] <Weirdo> Why no chocolate cake?
[18:07] <@Habeas2> BattleTech
[18:07] <@Habeas2> Catalyst Game Labs
[18:07] <@Habeas2> Ahem.
[18:08] <@Habeas2> DarkISI - Pizza is allowed, as long as it features BattleTech Line Developer-approved toppings
[18:08] <@Habeas2> Weirdo - Because chocolate cake hurts us.
[18:08] <DarkISI> Mushrroms, Bacon and Salami
[18:12] <@Habeas2> DarkISI - Salami? Really? That's a sandwich topping, not a pizza topping!
[18:12] <Korsar_> Yeah, real pizzas feature spinach or pasta...

GenCon

[18:05] <Terminax> How is the Gen Con prep coming along?
[18:08] <@Habeas2> Teriminax - GenCon prep is going... swimingly. We are therefore in full panic mode.
[18:08] <DarkISI> isn't that business as usual when GenCon comes knocking?
[18:09] <Terminax> Cool. We appreciate the stress and medication all at Catalyst endures for our entertainment.
[18:12] <@Habeas2> DarkISI - Panic is effectively my norml state.
[18:15] <@Habeas2> Terminax - Catalyst Game Labs' BattleTech Line Developer also appreciates the medication and stress he is under.

[18:12] <Eisenzahne> Is there going to be a huge surprise product releases at GenCon (had to ask the silly question first)?
[18:17] <@Habeas2> Eisenzahne - We presently are planning no surprise releases for GenCon this year. Of course, this does not eliminate the possibility that something will surprise US.
[18:20] <xtrahmxwohld> If there was a surprise at GenCon, wouldn't telling us about spoil the surprise?
[18:26] <@Habeas2> Xtrahmxwohld - Yes.

Interstellar Operations

[18:12] <mib_wf3mip> Think there any chanes of seeing preview of IO at GenCon?
[18:19] <@Habeas2> Mib_wf3mip - At present there is no real chance of seeing a preview of IO at GenCon. Sorry.

PDF Exclusive Products

[18:08] <Maddog18> Is there any news that you can give us on how the PDF only products are going? For example "Objectives", "Bounty Hunter Dossier", HTP, JTP and DATP.
[18:11] <@Habeas2> Maddog18 - The release rate for PDF-exclusive products has been affected by a concerted push to get several print projects out the door. Rest assured, none of the current series have been canceled

[18:13] <Weirdo> Are we likely to see any of the units and characters introduced in the various Dossier products reappear in future products? (Aside from the obvious Bounty Hunter, of course)
[18:21] <@Habeas2> Weirdo - It remains to be seen if any of the Dossier characters will make reappearances in the fiction/source material.
[18:22] <Weirdo> Fair enough. They seemed like a good way to introduce new characters for fans to follow after the Jihad, now that most of the old guard are dead or nearing retirement.

XTROs

[18:12] <DarkISI> Any idea when (approximately) the XTROs will be back? Would love a new one
[18:17] <@Habeas2> DarkISI - When I have time to personally review and approve them, we should see the next XTR somewhere within a month afterward.

Chaos Campaign Rules

[18:08] <Moonsword> What's your opinion on the way the Chaos Campaign products are doing?
[18:11] <@Habeas2> Moonsword - It's hard to say; we have only actually released one, unless you count the entire Jihad series.
[18:13] <Moonsword> I was thinking of the various products that use the Warchest system, sorry.
[18:22] <@Habeas2> Moonsword - Yes, we are generally happy with he performance of the Warchest-based products and will likely continue to publish them in the future.

Total Chaos

[18:09] <Korsar_> I'm really digging Total Chaos. Thank you for this awesome product!
[18:15] <JoeChummer> Korsar_, glad you like Total Chaos. I put a lot of work into that book, and it's always good to know it paid off

[18:13] <Korsar_> Is there a chance of another product like Total Chaos, perhaps with a different focus, let's say the 4th SW?
[18:18] <@Habeas2> Korsar_ - Perish the thought
[18:22] <@Habeas2> Korsar_ - We are evaluating how well Total Chaos performs before determining if there will be more such products.

Wars of Reaving

[18:09] <Nerroth> Hello, Mr. Beas. I was wondering; in the forum archives for last month's BattleChats, there was a note that a continuation of the events portrayed in The Wars of Reaving Supplemental might be released either this or next year. Is there any further update on whether or not such a file is indeed likely to be made available?
[18:14] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - There is one product in development now that will touch--however lightly--on the events in the Deep Periphery in the wake of the Wars of Reaving. Book-wise, it's the very next thing on y list after A Time of War Companion.
[18:15] <Nerroth> I see, thanks. To clarify, will this file be available in print, or will it be PDF only?
[18:24] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - The product in which we may see more about the post-WoR Clans is a print book

Novels

[18:11] <AdamSteiner> Herb, What is the status of printed fiction? Will novels ever return? Have you and CGL thought of self-publishing through Amazon?
[18:16] <@Habeas2> AdamSteiner - Catalyst has frozen the release of older novels for an indeterinate period. A new BattleCorps ANthology: Weapon's Free, is now out in PDF form and slated for print later this year. Additional fiction sources are pending review and development.

BV3

[18:15] <martian> Any progress with BV3?
[18:17] <maingunnery> what is the current state of BV3?
[18:23] <@Habeas2> Martian - I have received many proposals for BV3, but still have not decided among them, due to higher priorities
[18:25] <@Habeas2> Maingunnery - AS just stated, BV3 is still in development, leaving room of course, for the possible deletion of the system entirely.
[18:25] <JoeChummer> Would that then be BV0?
[18:27] <@Habeas2> JoeChummer - No, an absence of BV would not be BV0. That was callled CV.

Introbox

[18:24] <maingunnery> Dear Habeas2, for which reasons did TPTB decide to use a large introbox?
[18:26] <@Habeas2> Maingunnery - Not sure what you mean by a large intro box.
[18:27] <JoeChummer> Larger dimensions that previous BT box sets, I think
[18:28] <maingunnery> Well the introbox is quite large, it doesn't fit in all my bags and it carries a lot of 'air', it seemed to be that it would be possible to fit the content into a smaller box.
[18:31] <@Habeas2> JoeChummer - The physical size of the intro box set was based on the perceived packaging needs and possibly some aesthetic/layout choices I did not directly oversee.
[18:33] <@Habeas2> Maingunnery - Again, I'm not entirely certain why the decision was made to make the box the size it was produced in. There could have been production considerations I am unaware of.
[18:34] <JoeChummer> Although the intro box is a bit on the large side, the times I've carted it around, it's been packed clear to the brim
[18:35] <JoeChummer> So the box size IMO works. Plenty of 'Mech storage space

Battlefoce Boxed Set

[18:35] <maingunnery> Dear Habeas2, do you think that in the future there wil be room for a battleforce box? With BF minis it could be very small, I would buy it.
[18:37] <@Habeas2> Maingunnery - We'll see.

Clan Boxed Set

[18:42] <Eisenzahne> Will there ever be a Clan Boxed Set or has that gone the way of the dodo?
[18:43] <@Habeas2> Eisenzahne - There have been more delays than I care to describe on the expansion box set featuring the Clans, but yes, we remain committed to producing that product.
[18:43] <maingunnery> Here is to hoping that the Clan box set will end up as a battleforce box set.
[18:44] <@Habeas2> Maingunnery - No, that would be a different box set

WarShips

[18:24] <Weirdo> Any good news you could give to us fans of Quick Strike? Or WarShips?
[18:27] <@Habeas2> Weirdo - There are discussions to explore wider use of Quick-Strike, particularly in larger-scale battles, in the future. WarShips, are, well....
[18:27] <Weirdo> ...awesome?
[18:32] <@Habeas2> Weirdo - No, that wasn't word I was looking for.
[18:33] <Eisenzahne> Perhaps 'unnecessary was the wrd you were looking for or 'extinct' perhaps re; WarShips

[18:31] <Weirdo> I'm mostly referring to the fact that the Star League and prior eras have long been viewed as the heyday of spaceborne war fleets. This being the Year of the Star League and all, if aero fans are ever going to get big news, this seems the time for it.
[18:35] <@Habeas2> Weirdo - The best you're seeing is happening in the Liberation of Terra Historicals at present. There actually is only so much we can do with WarShips, really, though we are planning to stat out all remaining ships from the period.
[18:35] <Weirdo> ALL of them?

Quick Strike

[18:24] <Weirdo> Any good news you could give to us fans of Quick Strike? Or WarShips?
[18:27] <@Habeas2> Weirdo - There are discussions to explore wider use of Quick-Strike, particularly in larger-scale battles, in the future. WarShips, are, well....

Product Schedule

[18:26] <martian> Are there any products we can expect during Summer Holidays? RS: 3067 or XTRO: Phantoms perhaps?
[18:29] <@Habeas2> Martian - The PDF-exclusive series, as I mentioned earlier, has been hit hard by the push to get larger, print products out, so it remans unclear when each will resume. RS: 3067 is still in production.
[18:29] <martian> Okay.

Leviathans

[18:26] <Nerroth> Thanks again. On another note, I was wondering; if the Leviathans game system has a chance to bed down over the next few years, is there a possibility of its core engine being used as the basis for conversion into a WarShip combat game? (I'm thinking of how game engines such as A Call to Arms and Starmada currently handle multiple settings in the same way.)
[18:30] <@Habeas2> Nerroth – No
[18:35] <Nerroth> ...but each draw from a common reference point. But if the idea is dead on arrival, it doesn't matter.

[18:32] <JoeChummer> I'd think an adaptation of the Leviathans system wouldn't be compatible with other rules aspects of BT...?
[18:34] <Nerroth> JoeChummer: The idea was more akin to how, say, the tactical space combat aspects of the Star Fleet Universe are presented both "in-house" by ADB through Star Fleet Battles and Federation Commander, as well as "re-interpreted" in Starmada and A Call to Arms courtesy of agreemenets with Majestic 12 and Mongoose. The game engines are not directly linked...
[18:36] <@Habeas2> JoeChumer - It's not that, so much as we have no immediate desire to create an engine that runs across more than one game line. Leviathans works its way; BattleTech works its own way; Shadowrun works its own way...
[18:38] <JoeChummer> Herb, that's what I figured. All the more reason to keep it separate.

A Time of War Companion

[18:37] <Terminax> The ATOW companion is coming soon. Is there anything neat you can tease us on?
[18:39] <@Habeas2> Terminax - I have been dribbling out occasional teaser posts on Facebook. Among those are revelation of the various new Special Pilot Abilities we'll see there (including new abilities for infantry units), battle armor critical hit rules, advanced creature rules, and--of course--catgirls.
[18:40] <Terminax> Okay, I'll hunt down the facebook page then.
[18:42] <Eisenzahne> Catgirls? Too bad they de whenever someone mentions physics in th BTU.

Stone Lions

[18:40] <Nerroth> Is the Tokasha stone lion set to be given its own stat entry in a future product, akin to those which currently exist for the "older" Clan totem animals?
[18:41] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - Yes
[18:42] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - How's this for interactive; it was not going to happen until you said it right now, and I have the author already on the phone.
[18:42] <Nerroth> And here I thought I'd ruined things with the Leviathans request... thank you, Herb!
[18:45] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - Nope. Nothing ruined. While we don't take unsolicited suggestions from the general public, simply spouting off something we may already be working on or planning does not suddenly force us to change course either.

Era Digest/Clan Homeworlds

[18:44] <Nerroth> One other question, for now; is there a possibility of there being an era digest looking at the "Political Century" in the Homeworlds, covering the era between the end of the Golden Century and the onset of REVIVAL?
[18:47] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - That's not very likely, no. Nothing of terribly great interest occurred in that period of Clan development that would be worthy of an Era Digest.
[18:53] <Nerroth> I see, thanks again.

Battlecorps Anthology 3: Weapons Free

[18:46] <wolfhound_88> herb: I know its early days but is "weapons fre" selling well?
[18:47] <@Habeas2> Wolfhound_88 - I do not have sales figures in front of me for that right now.

Superheavy Mechs (Tripods)

[18:47] <maingunnery> In which DA product can we expect to see the tripod SH Mech rules?
[18:48] <@Habeas2> Maingunnery - That remains to be seen; the schedule for the Dark Age products is in flux

Unseen ‘Mechs

[18:48] <martian> Do you plan a product which will contain all re-imagined classical Unseens "in one place"?
[18:49] <@Habeas2> Martian - That remains to be seen as well. We're still debating whether or not we really want to do t
[18:49] <martian> Thanks.

MechWarrior Online

[18:50] <maingunnery> To which ways are TPTB helping/working with Mechwarrior Online staff?
[18:54] <@Habeas2> Maingunnery - We help hem promote their game; that's about it.

Liberation of Terra 2

[18:58] <Nerroth> Is there any update on when volume 2 of Liberation of Terra will be published?
[18:59] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - We are aiming tor elase volume 2 of Liberation of Terra early next year
[19:00] <Nerroth> Sounds good, thanks.
[19:01] <Nerroth> Or are events like the final conquest of the Terran Hegemony set to be in Lot2?
[19:02] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - They may get mentioned in passing, but don't expect details on the absorption of the post-AMaris Hegemony in LoT2.

House Davion

[18:58] <JoeChummer> Herb, here's a question I've been meaning to ask but kept forgetting to: At GenCon's seminar last year, you said you thought the Davions were "crooks." Can you elaborate on this sentiment?
[18:58] <JoeChummer> Keep in mind I'm not a Davion fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. Just merely curious.
[19:00] <@Habeas2> JoeChummer - They're Davions. What more do I need?
[19:02] <JoeChummer> I meant in terms of any specific instance that formed your opinion
[19:03] <@Habeas2> JoeChummer - You mean that an old geezer robbed a cradle to form an alliance and promptly smashed the hell ou of the weakest kid on the block to prove he was tough? NOOOOO!

Miniatures

[18:58] <Terminax> Anything interesting going on on the miniatures front?
[19:00] <@Habeas2> Terminax - Iron wind Metals will know before I do. But I hear the Omega's out already!
[19:01] <DarkISI> Yes, it was available at Origins and will also be on HistoriCon and Gen Con and then be available on the web store in September

Historicals

[19:00] <Nerroth> Once the Star League era is wrapped up, would Historicals based on the First and Second Succession Wars be likely to follow, or would the focus then shift mainly to the Dark Age and beyond?
[19:01] <@Habeas2> The early SWs are so painfully dull--no, I'm serious--that hey would likely get Era DIgest treatment, rather than Era Report treatment
[19:02] <Alex_AFK> Early SW reports "And these five worlds were nuked into the stone age. The following week, these two were virus bombed...."

Interstellar Expeditions

[19:02] <martian> Is it still true that Interstellar Expeditions will be available this year?
[19:04] <@Habeas2> Martian - We hope so
[19:05] <Nerroth> Is IE the book which will have the post-Reaving Homeworld Clan data noted earlier, or is that in a yet-to-be-announced product?
[19:06] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - Yes
[19:06] <Nerroth> Excellent, thank you.
[19:06] <Nerroth> Will it also include maps of some of the other Deep Periphery regions, such as the Jarnfolk or the Samoyedic Colonies?
[19:06] <Nerroth> With planetary data, I mean.
[19:07] <@Habeas2> Nerroth – MMMmmmmmmmmmaybe
[19:07] <Nerroth> I'll have to wait and see, then.

Robotic Control Systems

[19:05] <maingunnery> What are the chances of finding Jihad robotic systems outside of Terra?
[19:05] <@Habeas2> Maingunnery - Slim to none.

Deep Periphery

[19:07] <Terminax> Heh. And that four world "empire" that the JF supposedly took over.
[19:07] <Terminax> Whatever its name was.
[19:08] <Nerroth> Oh, according to Field Manual: 3085, all of the Deep Periphery factions are off the table, interms of contact with the Inner Sphere. (Presumably thanks to Star Adder patrols in DP space.) However, given how relatively close the JarnFolk are to the near Periphery, should they be on the list, too?
[19:08] <Nerroth> As in, would the Homeworld patrols extend so far into the coreward Deep Periphery that even the jarnFolk would be cut off, also?
[19:10] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - I gave all the spoilers I'm going to right now
[19:11] <Nerroth> I'll leave it at that, then.

Republic of the Sphere

[19:10] <maingunnery> Where do you see the RotS on the good-bad guy spectrum?
[19:10] <@Habeas2> Maingunnery - Neutral Good

‘Mech design style

[19:12] <Nerroth> One final question (honest); will there be more scope for "faction-specific" unit deisgns, such as the Celestial series for the Word of Blake, or the more birdlike designs the Jade Falcons adapt by the Dark Age?
[19:12] <Nerroth> *designs
[19:12] <Nerroth> Sigh.
[19:14] <@Habeas2> Nerroth - That remains to be seen; it should be some time before we see our next TRO, after all.

Technical Readouts

[19:18] <Maddog18> Thanks for the battlechat , So the next TRO will not be coming out next year
[19:18] <@Habeas2> Maddog18 - No. There will be no new TRO this year

Herblets

[19:20] <JoeChummer> How are the Herblets?
[19:21] <@Habeas2> JoeChummer - Mostly fine.
[19:21] <JoeChummer> Good to hear. We lost one of ours not long ago
[19:22] <@Habeas2> JoeChummer - Sorry to hear that. A few of mine are rather advanced in age these days. I'm mentally warning myself about that

Periphery

[19:23] <Maelwys> Are there any plans to flesh out the Periphery Uprising, beyond what we've seen in the Liberation of Terra Part 1?
[19:24] <@Habeas2> Maelwys - Unless the Chrises plan to add more detail about it in Liberation of Terra volume 2 (for whatever reason), no.
[19:24] <@Habeas2> ANd, oh look! There's one of the Chrises now!
[19:24] <Maelwys> Ah, k. Thanks for the answer.

Rules Questions

[19:25] <martian> Will you answer questions in "Rules Questions" section? There are dozens of unanswered questions...
[19:27] <@Habeas2> Martian - We are actually in the process of reforming how we handle the rules question area. Fact is, I do not even know all the rules, and tend to reserve my input for occasional construction questions and/or RPG questions. So, we're building a more responsive volunteer team to help out
[19:28] <martian> Thanks. If not for Chunga, the section would be dead.
[19:28] <@Habeas2> (I mean, have you seen the size of the core book series? NOBODY probably has all of that committed to memory unless they has Aspergers or something...and my whole life is BT these days!)
[19:29] <Terminax> Hah, even with Aspergers I don't have it memorized.
[19:29] <@Habeas2> Martian - Yeah; we're looking to install Chunga permanently into our servers, just to make him more responsive. We might even get record sheets out faster that way...
[19:29] <DarkISI> Even I admit not to know the construction rules for anything that can go into space
[19:29] <@Habeas2> Terminax - I rest my case.
[19:30] <@Habeas2> DarkISI - Me neither, and I wrote the latest rules there!
[19:30] <DarkISI> and I can do Frankenmechs in my head...
[19:30] <Alex_AFK> SPAAAAAACE! Gotta go to space!
[19:30] <DarkISI> there simply is a limit of what one person can do without screwing it up.
[19:30] <@Habeas2> Freaking hate big ships
[19:30] <Terminax> It's shocking just how much I forget actually. Every time we play a game, gotta keep the book handy because something always comes up.
[19:30] <@Habeas2> It seems all our construction rules break over 100 tons of anything
[19:31] <JoeChummer> I used to know some of the space construction rules, but that was back in the BattleSpace days...
[19:31] <DarkISI> I never even tried ^^

Второй чат
Introduction, Fun stuff

[02:05] <@Habeas2> Hello
[02:05] <LordHarlock> Salut!
[02:05] <Maverick> Hi, Herb!
[02:05] <DarkISI> Guten Abend
[02:05] <Gravedigger> Hey there sir
[02:05] <Maverick> Glad you could join us this evening.
[02:06] <@Habeas2> mjjjjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk AB nn
[02:06] <Maverick> Put down the chicken, Herb. It's not worth it...
[02:06] <DarkISI> Cats walking over the keyboard?
[02:07] <@Habeas2> yeah
[02:07] <Maverick> Hehe
[02:07] <LordHarlock> I don't know. My mother tells me that it was quite fun to watch chickens with their heads cut off. Wait, it was a cat? Never mind.
[02:07] <@Habeas2> ,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmpoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
[02:07] <Terminax> No harm to pussy cats zone!
[02:08] <Maverick> Cats are decidedly less fun to watch run around with their heads cut off, LordHarlock.
[02:08] <Maverick> And they don't like it much, either.
[02:08] <@Habeas2> She's after my food....
[02:08] <Maverick> Smart kitty.
[02:08] <@Habeas2> Ahem
[02:08] <DarkISI> Then you must eat faster
[02:08] <General308> You should have gotten fast food then
[02:09] <@Habeas2> Thank you for participating in this Catalayst Game Labs BattleTech Line Developer-aided public relations activity
[02:09] <@Habeas2> As always, I am your host, the Catalyst Game Labs BattleTech Line Developer
[02:09] <Maverick> Fast food is much harder to catch than slow food, or already-dead food...
[02:10] <@Habeas2> This chat is scheduled to run for a minimum of 1 hour, but is not being logged by myself (so that's on you).
[02:10] * DarkISI is logging.
[02:10] <@Habeas2> A reminder that proper courtesy and respect for fellow chatters (and all cats) is required, on pain of being kicked from the channel.
[02:11] <@Habeas2> Ask me your questions, BattleTech fans; I'm not afraid!
[02:11] <DarkISI> We will see about that
[02:11] <Gravedigger>

[02:42] <Trboturtle> miss much?
[02:43] <DarkISI> Depends... did you want to keep your sanity?
[02:43] <General308> Yeap Herb is moving to Dallas
[02:43] <General308>
[02:43] <Maverick> Sanity's totally overrated, DarkISI
[02:43] <LordHarlock> Wait, what?
[02:43] <Trboturtle> You're assuming I have any sanity left.....
[02:43] <Maverick> I gave up on it long ago, and have lived a much happier life for it. Those around me, however...
[02:44] <Trboturtle>

Introductory Boxed Set

[02:11] <General308> So what can you tell us about the new minis for the box set?
[02:13] <@Habeas2> General308 - All I can say is that we are working to improve the quality for the new minis in the future reprints of the Box Set
[02:44] <General308> So back to better minis in the starter set. Care to leak if they will be new ones are the same as in the past Herb?
[02:47] <@Habeas2> General308 - They will be the same miniatures, as far as I am aware
[03:17] <CharlieT> Randall tweeted something about new/refreshed molds for a reprint of the Boxed Set. Has it been selling well enough to drive another reprint?
[03:18] <@Habeas2> Randall is largely focused on Interstellar Operations, which is to be his last big contribution to the line for a while. I n his capacity as Managing Developer, he is more of an overall head of all game lines. He's particularly focused on Leviathans these days.
[03:19] <@Habeas2> (In his capacity, I should say, Randall also oversees the more incidental products we plan, be they the casual games, or reprint products. This allows me to focus on new work. (Also, Randall's WAY better at blogging and tweeting; I kind of hate that stuff.)
[03:19] <@Habeas2> CharlieT - Oh, definitely. We want the Intro Box Set to stay in print as long as possible, really

[03:17] <CharlieT> Randall tweeted something about new/refreshed molds for a reprint of the Boxed Set. Has it been selling well enough to drive another reprint?
[03:19] <@Habeas2> CharlieT - Oh, definitely. We want the Intro Box Set to stay in print as long as possible, really

Objectives: Clans

[02:12] <LordHarlock> So is there an Objectives: Clans?
[02:13] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - Yes, there is. We simply have not published it yet,.
[02:14] <LordHarlock> Excellent, that means that I have three Objectives PDFs to look forward to.

Objectives Series

[…]
[02:52] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - Well, enjoy those while they last; Kurita is the final Handbook, and the Objectives series has only 3 volumes left before cancellation
[02:53] <Maverick> Herb, are they being cancelled because they're complete, or due to lack of sales (like TRO:VA), if you can say?
[02:55] <@Habeas2> Maverick - They'll be complete enough for us, and we don't plan to revisit the concept because it has a really bad cost-to-benefit ratio for us. Simply put, sales don't justify the work.
[02:56] <Maverick> That's a shame, but thank you guys so much for actually putting forth the effort. The Objectives books have been fantastic for my use, as they contain the kinds of information that I love to use (especially since I'm letting my Clan Hell's Horses players participate in the drive to liberate the Protectorate from the WoB)
[03:03] <LordHarlock> Oh well, I morn that storyline as well. A glass of the finest to A Guide to Secret Ops and Objective FedSuns' throw away line.

Upcoming Products

[02:12] <DarkISI> what recent (or upcoming) release has you the most afraid that people will hate it (see, you will be afraid )
[02:13] <@Habeas2> DarkISI - IlClan

[02:13] <Maverick> Or, which upcoming release has you (personally) the most excited? Either because you're glad to finally get it released, or because you think it's the one most of the fanbase have been waiting for?
[02:14] <@Habeas2> Maverick - A Time of War Companion
[02:14] <Maverick> Sweet. Care to mention which reason you're excited?
[02:16] <@Habeas2> Maverick - I am always glad to get something released.

House Davion

[02:16] <LordHarlock> Herb, who is your favorite Davion member?
[02:17] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - George (W.) Hasek-Davion
[02:17] <Maverick> Somehow, I figured you'd say "a dead one"
[02:18] <LordHarlock> I almost put that as a clause. Fair enough.
[02:18] <General308> The only good Davion is a dead Davion.

[02:19] <Terminax> Speaking of dead Davions, will the murder of Morgan ever be resolved?
[02:19] <@Habeas2> Terminax - Probably not at this rate. It's pretty much irrelevant now.
[02:21] <Terminax> Ah, that's sad. I'd love to know what was behind that.
[02:22] <@Habeas2> Terminax - Behind what?
[02:23] <Terminax> Behind Morgan's assassination.
[02:23] <@Habeas2> Terminax - SOmeone wanted the man dead, and made it happen. Someone who apparently didn't care if Serpent failed in the bargain. That's a long list, really.
[02:24] <Terminax> Yeah but... but... I just wanna know :
[02:24] <Maverick> My money's on the Wolverines for Morgan's assassination...
[02:24] <@Habeas2> Know who really killed him?
[02:24] <LordHarlock> It was Triple F.
[02:24] <Maverick> On the orders of the Master
[02:24] <@Habeas2> Blaine Pardoe
[02:24] <Terminax> lol
[02:25] <LordHarlock> Morgan had an outstanding debt to Triple F; I just know it.
[02:25] <Maverick> Wait, Triple F paid Blaine Pardoe to kill Morgan Hasek-Davion? How does that work?
[02:26] <LordHarlock> Well, you have to remember the Genecaste was in on it.
[02:26] <@Habeas2> Maverick - Maybe we'll explain that in IP4
[02:28] * Maverick is suddenly looking very forward to IP4.

[02:18] <LordHarlock> Does Yvonne Steiner-Davion have a middle name?
[02:19] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - Yvonne "Amidala" Steiner-Davion
[02:19] <Maverick> Does Yvonne Steiner-Davion-Sandoval really NEED another name?
[02:20] <@Habeas2> Maverick - Yes?

Print Products

[02:16] <mib_lotec5> What print products are you hoping to get out by year end?
[02:18] <@Habeas2> Mib_lotec5 - Field Manual: SLDF, BC Anthology #3: Weapon's Free, A Time of War Companion, Interstellar Expeditions (IP3), and Handbook: House Kurita
[02:19] <Maverick> That's a fun-looking list.

House Kurita

[02:19] <Oystein> I don't wanna do the Kurita founding map,..... dooon't wannaa.......
[02:20] <Maverick> Poor Oystein...
[02:20] <Maverick> Hehe, thanks, Herb

Interstellar Operations

[02:20] <mib_lotec5> It was mentioned once about a beta test of IO similar to ATOW is that still being considered? If so any chance of this year for the Beta?
[02:21] <@Habeas2> Mib_lotec5 - That seems increasingly unlikely at this point; sorry

[03:19] <Maverick> Has IO been worse than you guys expected, as far as the effort that you all have put into it? Or have you always expected it to be as difficult to work on as it has proven to be?
[03:23] <@Habeas2> Maverick - I think, after TacOps, we realized there was no such thing as an easy core rulebook

Quintus Allard-Liao

[02:21] <LordHarlock> Will Quintus Allard-Liao son of Justin Allard and Candiace Liao ever actually do anything of note?
[02:21] <Terminax> Ah, that's sad. I'd love to know what was behind that.
[02:22] <Oystein> and David, musn't forget David.
[02:22] <@Habeas2> WHo?
[02:22] <Terminax> Didn't he end up in a ditch somewhere?
[02:22] <Oystein> David Lear, son of Kai Allard-Liao.
[02:22] <Oystein> co-creator of the Republic of the Sphere.
[02:23] <LordHarlock> Well there goes hope of Cassandra Allard-Liao doing anything with the Cossacks.
[02:23] <Maverick> Pfft. We were asking about anything IMPORTANT they'd done, Oystein.
[02:24] <@Habeas2> Oh, THAT guy? Where do you think the last of the family karma went?

Alex_AFK

[02:26] <@Habeas2> What I wanna know is, how does someone who's AFK meander into this chatroom?
[02:26] <Oystein> Alex is very talented
[02:27] <Maverick> His cat is at his keyboard...
[02:27] <Alex_AFK> with much skill and aplomb
[02:27] <@Habeas2> Sleep chatting!

Kathil/Marauder

[02:27] <LordHarlock> Will General Motors of Kathil ever build another Marauder or Marauder like mech on Kathil?
[02:27] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - Not when we're done with them...
[02:28] <LordHarlock> There goes hope ever of seeing James McKenna yards doing anything ever again. Oh well.
[02:30] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - Yeah, about those yards....
[02:30] <Oystein> o/~ nuke nuke nuke the happy shipp yaarrdds o/~
[02:30] <LordHarlock> Yeah, I know, but I always had hope that they got repaired due to a throw away line in Sword of Sedition.

Unit Costs

[02:28] <General308> can future TRO's list the cbill value of units on them? It is frustrating to pick up a TRO like Anex and have no ideal the cost of the units
[02:30] <@Habeas2> General308 - We can't compute BV reliably still, and you expect us to get C-bills right?
[02:32] <General308> No I don't expect you to get them right just close. But honestly as a role player I have always cared more about the cbill cost than the BV anyways.
[02:34] <@Habeas2> General308 - Honestly, it's a cost-to-benefit thing. C-bills need to be computed by hand at present, on all unit types. That means delays in product. Delays mean money. Loss of money due to fictional money is bad. Ergo, no C-bill costs
[02:35] <DarkISI> And, honestly, being usually the guy who runs all these numbers: I'm not going to be able to run them without causing a major delay you haven't seen ever before in your life
[02:37] <General308> I get were you are coming from Herb. And you logic is sound unless everyone decides not to buy TRO's over it. Even I am not willing to do that.
[02:37] <@Habeas2> DarkISI - I suppose we could add it to the MUL somehow...?
[02:38] <General308> I don't know DarkISI we have seen some pretty major delay in Battletech products over the years
[02:38] <DarkISI> which would mean I would end up running the numbers... ^^
[02:38] <Oystein> thanks for volunteering, DarkISI
[02:38] <DarkISI> I so knew I should have gone to bed ^^
[02:38] <Terminax> I've got a calculator if you need a volunteer to do C-Bill counts.
[02:39] <General308> I would be willing to help get C-Bill's calclated at time allowed

PDF Exclusive

[02:28] <mib_w2bhfk> Will there be any new PDF only product coming out in the next 6 months
[02:31] <@Habeas2> Mib_w2bhfk - All-new series types or just new in any series? In both cases... we hope so.

Support Vehicles

[02:30] <Maverick> Are there plans to introduce more support vehicles on a large scale, say as part of a TRO or AToW supplement? Or will we continue to see them just one or two at a time in various other products, like the Handbook series? (Kudos for adding support vees to the Handbooks, by the way! And the "personal" smallcraft, those will feature in my upcoming AToW campaign)
[02:32] <@Habeas2> Maverick - Honestly, the Vehicle Annex did not get the eception I'd hoped for, so any future support vehicle additions will likely remain small, piecemeal endeavors.
[02:32] <Maverick> That's a shame, but I understand why.

Sherwood

[02:32] <LordHarlock> So, is the planet Sherwood liberated from the vile Filtvelt Coaltion? Or does it merely leaves to rejoin the Suns?
[02:32] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - Why WOULD it go back?
[02:33] <LordHarlock> It did according to the MWDA map.
[02:33] <Maverick> Because the Davions made them a better offer?
[02:34] <@Habeas2> Maverick - Likely the Davions stole it back. They couldn't "make a better offer" when they were the biggest armed state in the area during a major war!
[02:35] <@Habeas2> The Davions are just plain jerks....
[02:35] <Maverick> Sneaky Davions. Never willing to let secessionists lie...

Filtvelt Coaltion

[02:35] <LordHarlock> So what kind of government does the Filtvelt Coaltion have?
[02:38] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - A three-branch representative democracy in which the executive branch is elected to office once every four years, with a two-party system based on an archaic bible....
[02:39] <Maverick> Ooh, that sounds like a recipe for fun and shenanigans in the Inner Sphere, Herb!
[02:40] <@Habeas2> Maverick - Actually, it's really not. I keep wanting to obliterate them on principle
[02:40] <LordHarlock> Personally, I like archaic things. It's a real boon to shenanigans, what what.
[02:41] <Maverick> It WOULD save the rest of the IS the trouble. Of all the things to hate the Word for, perhaps they're the worst (best?)?

30th Anniversary

[02:38] <General308> So Herb Battletech has another big Birthday in a couple of years. Anything special planed
[02:39] <@Habeas2> General308 - I have big plans for the future of BattleTech, but they have to get by my bosses first

Herb’s Faction Preferences

[02:40] <mib_w2bhfk> So What faction do you like In the Inner Sphere
[02:41] <@Habeas2> Mib_w2bhfk - Word of Blake, Clan Hell's Horses, House Steiner...

Novels

[02:46] <Trboturtle> In case no one asked...any word on the novel?
[02:47] <@Habeas2> Trboturtle - WHich novel? That seems very specific a question.
[02:48] <Trboturtle> I should have said the novel line....:/
[02:49] <@Habeas2> Trboturtle - That? Frozen. The Blitzkrieg novella series is not, however.

[02:49] <LordHarlock> Will we see any Blitzkrieg novellas dealing with the Federated Suns?
[02:51] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - Yes, we will see Blitzkrieg novellas dealing with the death of the Federated Suns...
[02:52] <LordHarlock> I shall morn then. A glass of the finest to the First Prince across the Stars!
[03:02] <Maverick> So, back to the sundering of my beloved Suns... *sniff* Say it ain't so, Herb! Please, say it ain't so!
[03:03] <Trboturtle> I hweard whatevery it was, it was codenamed "Blue Wombat"....
[03:03] <@Habeas2> Maverick - I could say it...but I might be lying if I do.

Dark Age and Beyond

[02:56] <Terminax> I for one can't wait to see what the universe looks like post-dark ages.
[02:58] <LordHarlock> Why do I have feeling that post dark age Inner Sphere has less Interconnectedness Unlimited? A glass of the finest to them as well.

[02:59] <Trboturtle> How goes the planning for post DA?
[03:01] <@Habeas2> Trboturtle - We are still discussing the finer details, but a gneral idea of the shape of the post-Dark Age setting has been developed, and everyone seems to like it enough to let me spend brain power on developing it further.
[03:01] <Trboturtle> good!

[03:03] <Maverick> Are you guys excited about getting to move the story forward into (and past) the Dark Age, Herb?
[03:04] <@Habeas2> Maverick - Yes, particularly past the Dark Age, as it will finally put us into "open waters"
[03:04] <Maverick> Excellent news

Challenger Yards

[03:01] <LordHarlock> So here is my final question, will the secret of whatever Challenger Yards over Panpour in the Suns' Periphery March been doing ever be revealed?
[03:02] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - Probably not.

Jihad

[03:04] <Maverick> Are you guys more sad or glad to be done with the Jihad?
[03:06] <@Habeas2> Maverick - I have mixed feelings there. On the one hand, it was fun to smash the Inner Sphere all to hell. On the other... we did it a very long time!
[03:07] <Maverick> That was the longest (real-world) event in BT history, was it not? Especially with all the real world happenings that the whole crew behind BT had to deal with.
[03:07] <Trboturtle> Took a while to Cruch the Inner sphere, even with nukes and bioweapons the...
[03:08] <Maverick> Trboturtle - Nukes and bioweapons don't reduce the time to crush, they increase the time to rebuild
[03:08] <@Habeas2> Maverick - It seemed that way, yes. The conflicts we saw prior o the Jihad were always resolved in a few years' story time and the sourcebooks handled immediately afterward. This made the Jihad different in that it actually happened "on screen".

Battlecorps

[03:08] <Terminax> How's Battlecorps doing? I've been thinking of joining but some people have told me it's pretty slow lately.
[03:09] <@Habeas2> (That's "on screen" in the sourcebook sense, by the way, not the fiction sense.)

Housebook: Kurita

[03:10] <CharlieT> Hoping this hasn't already been asked, but with all the terrific work Mr. Rome has been creating lately, I am hoping he is not too tapped out to finish the Kurita housebook. Any news there?
[03:10] <@Habeas2> CharlieT - Ben is working on House Kurita as we speak.
[03:11] <Maverick> Herb's cats are watching over him, making certain he completes it.
[03:11] <Maverick>
[03:11] <@Habeas2> Indeed, aside from managing the Turning Points for me, it's all he has on his plate right now.
[03:11] <@Habeas2> My cats talk to his.
[03:11] <Maverick> *shudder*
[03:11] <Demongirl> ha!
[03:12] <Maverick> You DON'T mess with the Kitty Mafia...

House Liao

[03:15] <@Habeas2> Randall's recently enjoyed hearing my plans for House Liao....
[03:15] * Maverick is suddenly very afraid.
[03:15] <@Habeas2> That's probably a good reaction

Randall Bills

[03:16] <Maverick> Is he still pretty involved with BT, or is he pretty much on the "bigger picture" for Catalyst now?
[03:18] <@Habeas2> Randall is largely focused on Interstellar Operations, which is to be his last big contribution to the line for a while. I n his capacity as Managing Developer, he is more of an overall head of all game lines. He's particularly focused on Leviathans these days.
[03:19] <@Habeas2> (In his capacity, I should say, Randall also oversees the more incidental products we plan, be they the casual games, or reprint products. This allows me to focus on new work. (Also, Randall's WAY better at blogging and tweeting; I kind of hate that stuff.)
[03:19] <Trboturtle> Hense the short beard and the wild look in his eyes....
[03:20] <Maverick> I thought the wild look came from working with Jordan Weisman on the recent Shadowrun Returns project...'
[03:21] <Maverick> Because, really, those Catalyst guys NEED another big project. They don't have nearly enough going on as it is...

Warchest Tracks

[03:23] <Maverick> I do have another Line Developer question, Herb, if you don't mind. Or really, maybe one of the rest of you could help me out. Have I missed somewhere rules for assigning Warchest costs to scenarios that you come up with? I've been considering using the warchest system for my player group, but I can't figure out how I should determine the WC points for each mission
[03:24] <@Habeas2> Maverick - You mean custom Warchest tracks? That's coming
[03:24] <Maverick> Yes, custom warchest tracks. Thanks, I'm glad that I haven't just overlooked it, because I've combed my sourcebooks and still couldn't find it.

Kickstarter

[03:24] <CharlieT> With the successful funding of The Duke Kickstarter, has Catalyst considered applying the concept to a Battletech themed product?
[03:24] <@Habeas2> CharlieT - It gets considered rom time to time, but it really has to be a product we can get cleared by Topps first

Catgirls

[03:24] <LordHarlock> So how's that Canopian Catgirl unit coming, Herb?
[03:24] <@Habeas2> LordHarlock - Farther along than you'd think, really!

Product Reprints (In PDF Format)

[03:33] <CharlieT> With the continued strictures on PDF sales of older novels, does that mean that Catalyst is also restricted from reprinting (or PDFing) Catalyst-branded versions of older sourcebooks?
[03:35] <@Habeas2> CharlieT - No. One does not impact the other

Добавлено спустя 32 минуты 57 секунд:
Итого:
- В дальнейшем возможны книги типа Total Chaos, если она будет удачной
- В течении следующего месяца появится новый XTRO
- В разработке некий продукт о событиях в Deep Perephiry, произошедших в результате War of Reavings
- Каталисты заморозили выпуск старых романов на неопределенный срок. Третью антологию в бумаге, планирует выпустить до конца года. Тем не менее, планируются новые fiction source
- Клан бокс сет, все еще далек от релиза, но он на месяц ближе, чем месяц назад)
- будет продукт по Каменным львам
- Liberation Terra 2 планируется на начало 2013
- В этом году не будет новых ТРО
- Objectives: Clans планируются
- в бумаге появятся: хандбук змей, фм: sldf, interstellar expedition 3,
- Херб любит штайнеров, коней и слово
Даешь перевыполнить план по выпуску вехикулярных огнеметов в отчетном 3145 году!
DeJaVu
Администрация btbooks.ru

Благодарил (а): 154 раз.

Re: Чат от 23 июня 2012

Сообщение Rncavenger » 25 июл 2012, 01:06

Извиняюсь что в этой теме , просто что б не создавать новую. А за 21 июля стенографии нет случайно? ;-)
Rncavenger
Начитанный

Благодарил (а): 3 раз.

Вернуться в Новости вселенной Battletech